View Single Post
Old October 13, 2002, 11:21 PM   #1
chaim

Goodbye TFL- for now

Assuming I can be disciplined enough I'm going to have to leave TFL for an indefinate time period. In fact it is pretty stupid that I am writing this here (at least my parents, and friends would think so), but I've been here so much over the past year I figure that I shouldn't leave without some kind of explaination.

Well, because I own guns and am into guns I got a call today from a federal agency (I've been told that I shouldn't say who- though I'll say not the ATF since I'm sure that is what everyone is thinking). I came to their attention (according to them) because I bought about a dozen guns in the past year (can't be more because I haven't bought much more than that in the two years I've owned guns)- so much for NICS not being registration. They wanted me to account for all my movements and activities over a specified period of time. I did verify by calling them myself (after looking up the local office of said agency in the phone book) that the number they called from was in fact this agency.

Anyway, I can't be here until I know that this situation is over because the gov't apparently already thinks I'm a gun nut. I've been advised to stay off gun boards. I'm also to stay away from gun ranges for a while. When it is over I may fill in the details- for now just know that I have done nothing wrong to justify this treatment and the threats that I am getting.

I've probably already said too much. Sad when the gov't in this "free" country of ours has one scared to even talk about their harrassment of oneself. I have always considered myself a patriotic American. I joined the Army out of high school. I have always loved this country. I am a conservative Democrat, not a Libertarian, so I even HAD faith in our government. Now, I think I may try to move to Israel (despite poor gun laws) before long.

Page generated in 0.02527 seconds with 8 queries