View Single Post
Old October 14, 2002, 02:14 AM   #15
cor-man

yeah when those types of cops tell you to NOT get a lawyer it's the same as when a spammer has a line in their email saying "to be removed from this list please respond with 'remove' in the subject line" --spammers use that to verify ACTIVE email addresses which are worth more money than non-verified email addresses as they resell the address lists.

GET a lawyer.

If you have an aswering machine at home learn what buttons to push on it to record conversations and record any further conversations with any such person. I'd recommend telling them you are recording it also, so that it is legal evidence in court later (not telling someone they're being recorded probably gets that evidence tossed out).

You have a right to tell this guy he can ask you questions but he does not have to be rude and that you will document his rudeness and illegal threats. He's threatening arrest, make him state exactly what crime you'll be arrested FOR.

Be calm, be firm, and remember you don't have to speak to this eff-face at all without a lawyer present.

I don't know how your dad handles such things but I don't recommend putting anyone else on the phone with a creep like this; you need to be in control of the situation; other people likely may do stupid things and volunteer information you don't have to give.

...if you feel to paranoid to post here, you could set up a new bogus alias id and continue to pass the info/story to us ;-).

Me personally I would want harassment documented as publicly as I possibly could. I'd get my phone recorder all set to go, and get my vid camera all set as well, and start instructing family/house members how to operate my vid cam in case I were arrested. Fight this type of harassment specifically BY making it public, do you think Rodney King's beating would have gotten those cops in trouble if it hadn't been televised across the nation? hell no, it would've been swept under the rug like so much other police brutality.

Be aware, there are lots of GOOD cops and good FBI/higher level investigators out there, and they don't like their rep being soiled by the *******s among them.

Page generated in 0.03353 seconds with 8 queries