View Single Post
Old November 28, 2001, 01:16 PM   #5
Will Beararms

UK2TX:

May I have license to your prose? Excellent if I do say so myself. I may change the scope on this thing to a Tasco as I have found that Tasco makes the best "cheap" scope on the market.

The cross hairs are so thin on the current Bushnell scope that I lose them in less than perfect light and it's a booger to sight in at a range. I have 20/20 vision for the record I might add.

The trigger on this beast is amazingly smooth. The reason I had so much praise for the thing intially is it did well the first time to the range. The two subsequent trips mandated me re-establishing zero with each trip.

At this juncture, it may just be a scope problem. Believe it or not, I don't like cheap variable scopes and due to the dense terrain I hunt, the 4X always works well. Therefore, I will either retrofit this thing with a 4X or 6X scope. If I still have problems, I will take a loss on the rifle and get something else. Heck, I think I will get another rifle anyway.

My penchant in life is duck hunting anyway and my focus is on shotguns of the hunting variety. The premise of having this weapon was to own a cheap but moderately accurate weapon for the occasional deer hunt chambered in an all-around caliber. In retrospect which is always clearer, I should have bought a NEF Handi Rifle chanbered in .243. Oh well, we live and learn.

In Remington's defense, I believe one of the greatest all-around weapons ever made is the Remington 870 which is why it is my "go to" gun above and beyond my Beretta 390, Browning Auto 5 or Remington 1187 3" 12 Gauge.

Page generated in 0.05189 seconds with 8 queries