Thread: Shoot or Talk?
View Single Post
Old October 3, 2008, 01:57 PM   #20
Redneckrepairs

larvatus First off thanks for your post on your perspective . As the owner of a few 2k+ valued guns i however have a little different perspective than you . You said ....

Quote:
I have sold guns online that ranged from a $750 S&W 1006 to a $7,500 SIG P210-L. Based on my experience, I would be very reluctant to buy another gun worth less than $2,000. That seems to be the point at which the value of the gun sufficiently exceeds the transaction costs of its acquisition to make its future sale or trade practicable. Below this point, the tire kickers tend to overwhelm the potential buyers.
Now not being in your rarified handgun market In the last 10 years i have only owned one handgun that was worth 2k+, I have to say that i enjoy the as you put it " tire kickers " and confess to being one my self . I trade guns , and in fact quite a few of them in the " common man " pricing . When i sell a higher ticket gun ( call that over 1k ) folks want to meet with me , inspect the gun , and if at all possible fire it . I enjoy this , as it allows me to meet other intrested folk and visit a couple of hours while the weapon is being inspected/fired as the case may be . I have yet to meet someone who wants one of my guns that is not worth an hour or two of my time . The non buyers ( you call them tire kickers ) dont buy because either i am priced too high , or because they simply dont have the disposable cash . In either event i am glad to meet them . Heck just the other day a fella came to look at a trapdoor i have , he did not buy but his boy shure nuff shot a couple hundred rounds out of my ar . I considered it a good day . He will be back , and in another 10 or 15 years his boy will be here, ready to trade . Sell your stuff any way you choose , give the " tire kickers " my name by all means .

Page generated in 0.02588 seconds with 8 queries