Thread: Shoot or Talk?
View Single Post
Old October 3, 2008, 02:42 PM   #23
larvatus

Quote:
I have yet to meet someone who wants one of my guns that is not worth an hour or two of my time .
My collection operates on a "catch and release" principle. California state law limits private collectors to 5 outgoing private handgun transfers per year. It doesn't make sense for me to use them up by churning cheap surplus guns that clutter the back of my safe.

I go to Borders a couple times a week. I buy a triple espresso and spend an hour or two reading the magazines or browsing the web via a Sprint modem attached to my computer. Every month I get coupons worth up to 40% off retail price. They mark the only times I buy a book or a DVD at Borders. I reckon that my shopping patterns make my trade less profitable to the store than that of the bushy bearded backpacker who can always be found lurking near the coeds doing their homework. Since I don't run a storefront, I shouldn't have to put up with pikers of either kind. Sure enough, it's fun to talk guns with like-minded ne'er-do-wells. But I'd rather spend my time with a hot chick or a good book.

Page generated in 0.02921 seconds with 8 queries