View Single Post
Old August 3, 2001, 02:16 PM   #25
ChrisR246

WYO, you said

Quote:
Put yourself in this situation. You and your 5-10 best buddies, carrying all of your favorite "stuff," believe that you are holding the perimeter on a barricaded subject who has exhibited some bizarre behavior. You then observe one of your buddies get shot from inside the location, and you believe that it came from the barricaded subject inside. Would you and your other buddies defend your wounded buddy, try to get him to safety/medical attention, and prevent the bad guy from skipping more rounds down the street at you and others? How many rounds do you think will go into the location? I submit it will be a lot, and it won't take but seconds. I am not suggesting that people agree with this, but take a minute to understand the dynamics. Also note that I am not addressing the tactics that created the crossfire.
I will respectfully submit that one of the SWAT memebers was not in this situation. Since we now know the suspect never fired, one of the cops started firing, either accidentally(finger on trigger perhaps) or because of bad judgement (mistook one of his best buds for the suspect). But certainly that one cop did NOT start firing because he saw one of his team members go down. The rest of the team must have simply fired blind on the house when the first shots were fired. It sound slike a "mad minute" and I am not convinced that is an appopriate tactic for law enforcement.

Page generated in 0.03459 seconds with 8 queries