View Single Post
Old December 13, 2009, 10:23 PM   #5
VictorLouis

I just took mine to wring out today. I fired 85rds of Aguila ball, and about 12rds of their JHP. I had THREE double feeds, with failure to extract the fired case altogether, and the next round trying to be chambered. I had several lock-opens, where I assume that even my LEFT hand was bumping the slide lock/release up when the recoil torqued it in my hand.

I was amazed at the accuracy of it, considering the sights are hellacious to see. I got several fist-sized grips of all six at 50', with the best five being downright decent. Thing is, it shoots awfully low for me, with a normal sight-picture. In straight point-fire, with just indexing the slide, it was spot-ON.

Now then, I had lubed it ONLY with moly grease, and not oil. So, the next time I can take it out, I will liberally bathe the darn thing and see if that kicks it into gear.

Several times, I extracted the chambered round just to see if there was any firing-pin imprint on the primer from the inertia of the chambering process. NONE, thank goodness, as this puppy doesn't have a firing-pin safety.

For a retail of just about one-HALF of the Kahr, I thought it worth a try. I hope it will break-in without too much more consternation.

Page generated in 0.03275 seconds with 8 queries