View Single Post
Old June 6, 2016, 05:02 PM   #16
9x45

Yes, no MSDS for HiTek because it does not have a declared end use. Nobody really knows whats in it, most likely a polytetrafluoroethylene or perfluoroalkoxy, (Teflon). Low friction, high wear resistance, high chemical resistance, typically curing in the 400*F range with multiple thin applications. We did take HiTek coated bullets from a major supplier to the lab at Cal Tech and ran them thru the FTIR (Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy) after heating at 500*F for 2 hours and could pull nothing off. In my own experience I was running Bear Creeks, and blood lead level got to 28, which is too high. Only out door shooting at USPSA matches 4-6 times a month, but it's not just what you breath in from your own gun, plus when you RO you breath everyone else's exhaust. So I switched to Bayou HiTek and my blood lead went down to 8 in four months, it's no down to 6 after 12 months, about the same as guys running full metal jackets because you still breath in the lead styphnate from the primer.

Last edited by 9x45; June 6, 2016 at 05:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.03030 seconds with 8 queries