Thread: Followed
View Single Post
Old September 3, 2006, 04:08 AM   #7
Blackwater OPS

Well my personal reaction would be a bit different, partly because I am an admitted paranoid. First off, it's been said already, but don't lead someone following you to your home. Bad idea. In a car you are a very quickly moving target and your car is a multi-ton weapon in itself. Also, you are pretty vulnerable moving from car to house. Even if they just drive off, now they know where you live, they could end up waiting for you to leave, ambush, or any one of a dozen other nasty things.

My suggestion would be to call 911 and drive to the police station, unless the guy is a robot sent from the future to prevent you from breeding, he will almost certainly back off. If not, the police will deal with it and you won't have to worry about civil/criminal liability. You could even be a bit more subtle and drive normally(not home though) and wait for the cops to catch up. At least then there will be some info on who they are and possibly an arrest if the cop is able to find something.

Personally though, I wan't to know why someone is following me. I would think, did I cut him off in traffic? Is it some guy I locked up? It it my GF's crazy ex? Colombian Cartel thugs pissed about ancient history? Some chick who wanted to meet me and thought it would be cute/romantic to follow me home? Someone mistook you for their long lost relative? Could be anything.

So, the other option would be a confrontation. Not really a great idea unless you know what you are doing and have a specific reason for doing it. In any case at 2am I would use the top floor of a (presumably empty) parking garage or a similar place rather then my front lawn. You are going to want to do a quick turn to that gets your car facing his, but angled about 30 degrees off. This will give you the wheels and engine block as cover. Hit your brights/fogs as well. Exit drawn but keep your self and weapon out of sight. Call for them to indentify themselves in a STRONG(command) voice. If they want a shootout, give them one. At least they won't have much advantage. If it's one of the false alarm type things above, well you can say you were just being careful, and they will not even know you had a weapon. Again, I'm NOT reccomending this, call the cops, but hey if you are gonna do it, do it right.
-Ben Franklin

Spc. Jeremy M. Campbell
Died 9/1/2005
and the best DS ever
MSG Matthew Ritz
Died 11.23.2005
matthewritz.com

For those who have had to fight for it, Life holds a special meaning that the protected will never know.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Someone set us up the bunny!
(")_(")

Page generated in 0.02915 seconds with 8 queries