View Single Post
Old August 6, 2009, 04:55 PM   #12
Major Dave (retired)

More info for SL1

You asked:
1. What is the COL
2.980 to 2.989, average 2.985 inches.

2. Does the manual show pressure data for each load?
No. This statement is made:
"This load data was fired up to the SAAMI maximum average pressure (MAP) to 51,000 psi".

3. TSX, or TTSX (plastic tip?)
TSX Boatail - no plastic tip (part number 28444)

4. Water capacity and length of several cases fired in my gun.
I will have trouble with that, because both of my scales are balance beam, and have small bowl shaped receptacles for powder, i.e., it will be difficult to stand a water filled case upright in the powder receptacle. Maybe I can just fill a case with water, then dump the water out of the case into the powder receptacle.

All I can tell you right now is that the cases are Rem-Peters, while the load manual calls for Winchester.

Other manual data, FYI
trim length, 2.225 - I complied with that spec in my case prep.

Primer, Federal GM210M - does that mean "magnum", or "Match" Fed primers? Or Magnum and Match?
I used Win WLR, i.e., standard Win Large Rifle, and CCI #200 Large Rifle. The CCI's gave me from 4 to 9 fps greater velocities than the WLR's.

barrel length, 24", Krieger
My rifle - 23", DuBiel Arms Co. (Sherman, TX, from 1978 to 1992, IIRC)

Another FYI:

I went to www.reloadersnest.com and pulled up "Load 10303 in caliber 7 X 57 Mauser, which states -

using a 140 gr Nosler Partition, 49.5 gr of IMR 4350, in a 24 inch custom Lilja barrel, a velocity of 2,901 fps was achieved and a 0.75 inch 3 shot group was made!!!!!! Comments? All I can think of is that the Partition is a much shorter bullet, due to the lead components, resulting in the shank not taking up as much room, thereby allowing more powder capacity. But, 49.5 gr is a LOT of IMR 4350, IMO.

Last edited by Major Dave (retired); August 6, 2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Typo

Page generated in 0.04053 seconds with 8 queries