View Single Post
Old March 20, 2005, 10:40 PM   #13
wyrdone

D) Call the Cops.

Repost from previous thread:

About 2 years ago now I was at the NRV NF range with a buddy of mine. It was a gray drizzly sunday evening in the winter so we had the range to ourselves. We had gone though about 3 sets of targets and had just setup another set when a guy drive up and parks in the handicap spot, get out and walks down to position 1 (closest to the entrance), we were down at 11 & 12 (end of the line). Didn't think much of it and let him go put out his target (a carboard box).

My buddy starts up his firing, and I watch the new guy (habit). I notice right off the new guy is a little off. He is dressed in a business suit, but had the necktie undone, and the top 3 buttons of his shirt undone, his shirt tail wasn't tucked in and was having a hard time keeping his gun pointed down range (revolver of some sort, probably .38 or .357). The new guy was obviously on something. My buddy finishes his set, I tap him on the shoulder and tell him to packup as we are getting out of there.

As we walk past the guy I smell a heavy scent of alcohol on him. My buddy and I confer and decide to call the cops as this guy was a clear hazard in his condition. My bud waits down at the entrance to the range. I write down his license plate number, decription and such and drive to the nearest phone (a mountain range over), call the cops and drive back to the range, park outside of the range and wait for the cops.

The cops show up and we flag them down and we let them know the guy hasn't gone anywhere yet. They tell us thanks and drive up. After about 15 minutes, they come back out with the guy in the back of a cruiser and drive back to town. One of the cops stop and thank us, we drive back up and finish out sets.
CZ-50
CVA Bobcat .50Cal Blackpower
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (1942)
Marlin 336 .30-30 Lever Action
Yugo SKS 59/66
CZ-52
Bulgarian Makarov
Swiss K-31
Rock Island 1911A1

Near Future (hopefully):
M1 Garand
CZ-75