View Single Post
Old June 30, 2009, 11:48 PM   #3
Sevens

I have read and followed most every link ever put up on the subject of "detonation" having to do with too little powder, powder laying horizontally in the cartridge case and burning along it's length from the top... and STILL I've not seen any tangible proof that this is real. And no lab has ever been able to replicate it.

So I'm skeptic on the subject of detonation. Other are sold on it. I don't pretend to know what they know and I certainly don't attempt to talk them out of it. It;s just more that I've never been talked in to it.

Now, with rimfire .22, let's take a look. First, where does the firing pin impact the rim on the rifle in question? Is it on the bottom, 6 o'clock spot? If YES, then it seems to me that no matter how little powder you've got in there, it's going to be directly hit with primer flame.

Next, I wonder if you are getting a proper seal when you are yanking bullets from a heeled round like .22 rimfire.

Lastly, I don't think you could possibly hurt any modern .22 caliber rifle with an undercharge of powder until you lodge a bullet in the bore, don't realize it (or forget it) and then send another. There is where your safety issue lies, at least IMO.

Other option for quiet? CCI CB long. Very quiet, very light. I don't know how it'd compare to the Super Colibri.

I'm not following what the problem is with the air rifle. Rainbow trajectory, bad. Through and through with a cloud of feathers-- that's sounds like it works! What have I missed?

Maybe get a cat.

Page generated in 0.02670 seconds with 8 queries