View Single Post
Old August 14, 2000, 05:58 PM   #11
tstr

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> [[Man aims derringer at stump.]]
~BLAM!~
~bounce~
~THUNK~
"OUCHIES!!!!!~ [/quote]

Yeah that was pretty well it. Actually a little bit funnier except for the blood. We'd been shooting other things at the stump no problem. But when I got ready to fire my new Derringer I started out cautious and fired the first round into a dirt bank. My shooting partner said, "arn't you going to shoot at the target?"

I said, "I dunno, I think I might get hurt."

My partner said, "ah come on."

I said, "It'll bounce off and hit me in the head." (swear to God I really did say that.)

Partner says, "no way."

So I aimed at the target.

~BLAM!~
~bounce~
~THUNK~
"OUCHIES!!!!!~

I yelled “OUCH!” slapped my hand to my head and turned to my partner and yelled, "I told you I'd get hurt."

My partner, of course, did not believe me -- at least not until the blood started pouring down my face. Partner kept saying, "I would have sworn you were just joking when you did said that."

Anyway. The .45 Colt is designed to fire in a larger gun and with such a short barrel it couldn't generate any velocity, especially since it was a 255grain bullet. I probably could reproduce the same energy with a good sling-shot. (I'm not going to, I just said I probably could )

tstr

Page generated in 0.02462 seconds with 8 queries