View Single Post
Old April 7, 2009, 08:13 AM   #1
KLRANGL

Tapco AK47 mag spring versions?

So here's the deal. I bought two of the new Tapco AK47 poly mags a few months ago and ended up loving them. Would leave the mags fully loaded and they would cycle great every time. So at the gun show a few weeks back I picked up three more of the same Tapco mags at one of the "unlicensed dealers." Well these ones seem to be crap. They dont have enough force in the spring to fire the last 5 rounds as the follower gets stuck in the mag body. I couldnt figure out what was up so I opened the new and old mags to see what was wrong. This is what I got:

Notice the new mag springs are much much shorter. The only other differences I could see between the two mags are that the good ones are unmarked, while the bad ones are marked 7.62x39mm on the side as such:

Both good and bad mag shells are marked "Cage Code 3E2Q7" and they both use the same follower and base plate.

So my question is this:
Did Tapco change their spring as they updated the product, or was I royally screwed by the dealer? Any chance Tapco would give/sell me the older springs, as I only see the followers on their website?

Page generated in 0.02441 seconds with 8 queries