View Single Post
Old October 31, 2000, 11:39 PM   #14
Dave R

I'm with JCH. Use 12ga 00 buck and start amputating extremities. Would take LOTS of ammo. 4 rounds per Zombie. Because they're dead, I assume they'd keep crawling with their arms if'n you got the legs. Wow. How did the film makers miss that one?

Hmmm, on t'other hand, might be able to get by with 1 round per zombie if you went with neck shots...

Hmmm, any firearm-o-philes into movie making? Seeing how we all like to discuss the best gun scenes in a movie, and a zombie movie would be an ideal property for showing off firearms...

Hmmmm, opening introduces the TFL gang "discussing" the merits of Shiner Bock vs. their favorite alternate drinks. FUD mentions some strange things he's seen lately...gets laughed down except for KaMaKaZe, who starts to look a little worried. Lawdog mentions he's seen some pretty peculiar things at the local graveyard...starts to telling the story when Tamara busts in with the news..."dead men walking!"

There follows a 10 minute "discussion" of which firearms will be appropriate. Roberthe41Magfan has 1 line...so does GitSome.45...

The building is about to be surrounded, but the TFLers escape with some help from ArmySon's Akita, who keep the dead at bay just long enough.

There follows general mayhem, with each action scene peppered with farily technical dialog.

"I don't think the HP's are expanding. The clothing tatters are plugging up the apertures".

"Velocity is more important than bullet weight--compare the one shot stops on my .357 vs. Son's .45."

"Look, I told you 9 hits from my P-32 in 4 seconds is just as good as 1 hot from 00 buck. Watch this!"

"Wow, I think the muzzle blast from my 2" .357 blinds them as much as it blinds me".

"I shot my SKS so much that the laminate stock is melting!"

Art Eastman--".308, 30-06, .270, its really a question of which feels most comfortable to you. The would ballistics are real similar."

You all can take it from here...

Page generated in 0.02580 seconds with 8 queries