View Single Post
Old October 7, 2000, 02:10 PM   #4
Gregg

I have read a post elsewhere that claims most firearms will fire under water. The following is from the Glockmeister FAQ: "Q: Can a Glock be fired under water?
A: A specially modified Glock 17 is tested for underwater firing. It is never recommended that you try to fire your Glock under water - the preparation for that task involves a modified gun, special ammo and training."

And I would bet a very good set of hearing protection!

Also from Glockmeister: "Stock Glock factory Maritime Spring Cups are brand new original Glock parts. The maritime spring cups are designed to allow the Glock to be fired under water. We are selling these as a novelty item - we do not recommend that the Glock be fired under water without proper factory training. Firing the Glock under water without proper training can lead to personal injury and damage to the gun. These are guaranteed to be Glock factory original parts." And "These fit all models, but all models are not designed to be fired under water."

I forgot to mention that I have seen photos (don't remember where) posted on the net of someone firing a Glock under water BUT the guy pulling the trigger kept his head out of the water!

[This message has been edited by Gregg (edited October 07, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03611 seconds with 8 queries