View Single Post
Old January 13, 2008, 06:28 PM   #6
jaymce

I agree that it would be nice if High Standard could improve on reliability. In my research to get mine running well, it seemed that most of the problems with the gun seem to be limited to getting the proper ammo and breaking the gun in, which most seemed to be in agreement was about 150-250 rounds.

If one looks at the design it is not that complicated. IMHO I think brake in is what the gun needs as those who have sorted through the teething problems say they work fine. When I got mine it did not want to cycle more that 2-3 rounds with out a problem. I tried different brands of ammunition with no change in results. I now have about 20-30 rounds through the gun and it shoots better and more reliably each time I take it out, it is now cycling the rounds that were problematic in the early stages of brake in. The slide has also begun to wear the frame smooth on the rail surfaces. My guess is that 2 sandblasted surfaces give quite a friction surface to overcome with those long rails. Most of my problems seemed to be ejection related, shells being caught by the slide in the ejection port.

As I said before if you know what you are entering into pushing through the problems is not so difficult.

Page generated in 0.02315 seconds with 8 queries