View Single Post
Old January 4, 2007, 03:38 PM   #20
Para Bellum

caliber means almost nothing

Quote:
...but the 45acp is the ultimate "MAN STOPPER". My god,how dare the perp not die.He was shot with a 45! I think the video has been tampered with and that the guy was really shot with the whimpy 9mm.I'm afraid there will have to be a full 85 billion dollar government study and investigation to clairify this.:barf:
(well,it's time to start bashing the 45acp for being too puney)
Agreed. That would never have happened with a 9x19mm or a 7,62x25 Tokarev!
(JUST KIDDING, pleeeez)

Quote:
I just can't believe that big ol' Cop didn't cave in the bad guys face with one good punch - he certainly had the chance...
He who has not fought for his life in CQB yet shall not crtitzise a man who did and could avoid a killing and being killed alike.

Quote:
That FBI report has been the subject of SO MUCH criticism, but this video shows that it's really TRUE! A .45 (or any pistol, for that matter) cannot be relied upon to stop a charging threat!
neither a .308, a .223 or a 12ga slug. Sad but true. If you want to life you have to keep shooting until the threat no longer is a threat.

Quote:
What gets me about this is, what was it that FINALLY brought the guy down? The cop using a well-placed foot sweep and takedown technique! MARTIAL ARTS is what stopped him!!! This goes to show that all these people who focus their training on ONLY firing a pistol are NOT training to their maximum potential, and they are NOT ready to take down a charging threat.

Train, train, train!
Absolutely. What saves your life at handgun distance is a cold-blooded well placed CNS-hit or multiple COM hits while you move and fight hand to hand. A guy trying to kill you at closest range won't wait for you to succeed stopping him...

Quote:
How the hell do you keep running around like a nut after taking one in the gut like that? He must have been on some serious drugs.
Unfortunately not. Many man don't even realize that they have already been shot in a CQB-fight. The body want's to survive and get out of trouble and if pain is in the way, the body temporarily shuts the pain off. klick and you keep fighting no matter how lethal your wound might be in the end.

Page generated in 0.03758 seconds with 8 queries