View Single Post
Old March 29, 2009, 11:04 AM   #3
Tennessee Gentleman

John I am not a lawyer but I am not sure I see how that would play out. I guess it would depend how I sold the gun.

Also, there are other ways to trace the gun anyway. Didn't the media trace Cho's gun back to the VA gun shop wher he bought it?

If I sell a gun to a gun dealer and he resells it could a murder victim's family sue me? Couldn't they trace it other ways?

The NRA says that statistics would be presented to the public that "they won't understand" and might cause more gun laws to be passed.

Isn't that happening now with the Brady's anti gun stats and the BATFE saying that 90% of the guns used in Mexico are from the US?

I understand the part about investigations but that raises anohter question I have always had about the 1% of bad gun dealers the Brady's say are out there. Namely, why doesn't the BATFE shut them down since they are so small a number. Maybe being able to publish the names of the rogue gun dealers might prompt the BATFE to move quicker?

I am not understanding how this all falls out.

Page generated in 0.03078 seconds with 8 queries