View Single Post
Old December 22, 2005, 11:59 PM   #16
Jbar4Ranch

Quote:
When was the last time anyone saw one on the open market? And what did it bring ???
I've seen at least six that I can think of offhand that I've seen listed for sale over the past six months to a year. The prices ranged from around $1700 to $2250 on five of them, and almost four thousand on the sixth because it had all its original accoutrements; Gun, outer box, inner box, ten rounds of '42 FA factory ammo, cardboard ammo box, instructions, ejector dowel, and spacer block. The spacer block was just a small block of wood that kept things in place inside the box.

Quote:
So how was the recoil? What does it weigh?
I haven't weighed mine, but the specs say 16 oz. Recoil is somewhat unpleasant with standard 230 grain FMJ, but I was using mild, low-pressure reloads with Trail Boss and a 200 grain cast lead bullet and it wasn't bad at all. 5.5 grains is IMR's recommended load with a 200 grain lead bullet, and I was using 3.5 grains.

Quote:
Any info on the legality/practicality of actually making these NOWadays? Would they be legal to manufacture and sell, domestically?
No. Well, yes, conditionally, but the price and licensing would be prohibitive, and there would be little or no market for it as it's a smooth bore and that would make it AOW. ATF has exempted the originals and added them to the C&R list.

SASS 47015

Page generated in 0.03143 seconds with 8 queries