View Single Post
Old December 23, 2005, 01:46 AM   #18
Jbar4Ranch

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the report. It's interesting to know those Liberators shoot a foot high at 20 feet. I wonder how many resistance fighters missed a close head shot? With the 230-grain ball, it would group even higher wouldn't it?
I think it's highly unlikely that these things were assembled uniformly enough that they all displayed similar sighting and point of impact characteristics. The one six seconds ahead of this one might have printed a foot low and two feet right and the one six seconds behind it might have been dead on. Who knows. All things being equal, the heavier boolit is going to hit higher, but I was loaded to a greatly reduced velocity, so... I'd say it's likely that the rule of thumb would be reversed in this case, and the lighter boolit would hit higher due to the considerably lower velocity. IMR's recommended load with Trail Boss in the .45acp with a 200 grain lead bullet is 5.5 grains, and I used 3.5. Protocol was for the resistance fighter to practice with maybe half of the ten rounds the pistol was packaged with to learn its sighting and point of impact characteristics, so when it came down to the one that counted, he had a good idea of where to hold if he couldn't get close enough to make a contact shot.

SASS 47015

Page generated in 0.03124 seconds with 8 queries