View Single Post
Old December 2, 2002, 01:54 AM   #13
swingset

Every season I literally go into a state of war-preparedness.

I live on 44 acres of heavy brush where white-tails bed down. Great ground, but if you're in there, you could walk up to my house without seeing it. Shooting into my house and barn isn't uncommon. I have heard the shots go by before. Hunters tear down my "no hunting" signs, cross my fence, put stands in my woods, hunt dangerously close to the house, you name it. I've run off at least 25 guys in the last 10 years. I've called the game warden at least 5 times.

I've been in near-violent exchanges when asking politely for them to get off MY land. Had one guy point a loaded shotgun at me.

I find stands, beer, shells and the occasional gutted deer in the woods. Short of booby-trapping, I cannot keep the morons at bay. Usually nowadays I open up with the L1A1 for a quick 10 round burst in the am and at dusk to try to ruin their day a little.

I have to tell my 6 year old to stay away from the windows, my wife to stay out of the back yard and keep the dog from going out except on a leash.

I don't want to ban hunting, but I'd have ZERO problems if they stopped shotgun season in Ohio.

Page generated in 0.02456 seconds with 8 queries