View Single Post
Old December 2, 2002, 10:46 AM   #17
pax

Quote:
Come on... none of us are any better than the next guy!
Bull puckey.

Are you really claiming that a responsible woodsman who follows the gun safety rules and has some respect for the law is no better than some drunken idjit traipsing through the woods looking for a place to have an 'accident' with his poorly-maintained, badly-handled weapon?

My brother and I grew up hunting with my dad and a couple of his buddies. We followed the laws, obeyed the gun safety rules, and never had an 'accident' nor even a near-miss.

My dad went hunting, once, with a slob idiot hunter. The slob did not know how to carry his weapon safely, did not pay attention to where his muzzle was pointed, and had no respect for either the game laws or for posted land. He and dad parted ways shortly after he, with his finger on the trigger, pointed his loaded rifle at my dad's back while they were walking down the trail. Dad, of course, was furious, but at least he came home alive.

For too many hunters every year, choosing a hunting "buddy" that stupid is the last mistake they ever make.

pax

I'm not intending to imply insult or judgment here but I am curious to know in order to be able to respond to your posts in an appropriate manner, so please forgive what appears to be, but in fact is not intended as, an insulting question: Are you stupid? -- Melinda Shore

Page generated in 0.02716 seconds with 8 queries