View Single Post
Old January 4, 2006, 12:40 PM   #13
azredhawk44

Quote:
Hopefully the limited ammo capacity of the revolver will give me a chance to get away. I'm not going to "fight it out" if I don't have to.
Now don't get me wrong...my favorite concealable weapon is a 5-shot sp101. I don't understand the logic of "the limited ammo capacity...will give me a chance to get away."

I agree that I'm not gonna fight it out if I don't have to either.

But... If I can carry something with real firepower (like 15x9mm or 13x.45acp) I am going to do that. The idea of "if 6 shots aint enough, then you sure don't need an auto" is just silly. What if you have 2 or 3 or 7 assailants? I worry that my 5 shots in my sp101 are not enough to handle 2 or 3 attackers. They definitely aren't enough to handle 6 gangbangers.

Whereas my XD9 with 15 rounds and a reload (and a brick wall or tree for cover) will give me a much better chance of surviving that particular encounter. Maybe if I had a Taurus Tracker 8-shot .357 with moon clip reloads I'd feel okay, but that's a lot bigger gun to conceal than my XD9.

I see limited ammo capacity as a mandate to make every shot count, rather than shooting for cover fire in a hopeful retreat. With a 15-round auto, I can afford to use 5 rounds for cover fire while moving. I can't afford that with a revolver.

Page generated in 0.03762 seconds with 8 queries