View Single Post
Old January 4, 2006, 01:52 PM   #14
Mikeyboy

My current house guns are a .38 snubbie and a 17 round 9mm semi auto. If the SHTF and I awaken to the sounds of a BG walking up the stairs, I'm going for the revolver first. Why I don't need to worry about racking the slide. That is why I bought it, if someone is breaking into my house and I'm not home my wife can use it, heck when my kid are old enough they can use it. In a panic situation you just point it and pull the trigger and (if loaded) it will go bang. Now, if I have a second or two, let's say the BG kicked in a door, I would go for the semi auto. Because in that second or two I have time to lock and load and take a defensive position at the top of the stairs. With 17 rounds I can hold back or kill several BG, and I'm experienced with the semi auto (unlike the rest of the family). Problem with a revolver is that click sound it makes after you fire all your rounds, in a home defense situation with multiple BG if things are still bad and your empty, unless you have moon clip, you may not be able to reload quick enough. When your gun jams or you forget to disable the safety...you will wish you had a revolver...when you run out of bullets and need to reload..you will wish you had a semi auto.

Last edited by Mikeyboy; January 4, 2006 at 03:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.02726 seconds with 8 queries