View Single Post
Old January 4, 2006, 02:29 PM   #16
Marko Kloos

Quote:
The idea of "if 6 shots aint enough, then you sure don't need an auto" is just silly. What if you have 2 or 3 or 7 assailants? I worry that my 5 shots in my sp101 are not enough to handle 2 or 3 attackers. They definitely aren't enough to handle 6 gangbangers.
Here's a challenge for you, and anyone else who's convinced that five or six rounds are not an adequate capacity.

Find me a verified citation from a reputable source that lists an example of a private citizen who was killed during a shootout because his or her CCW ran dry.

With the number of CCW holders nationwide standing at close to ten million, and the number of defensive gun uses per year in the hundreds of thousands of incidents, that kind of documentation shouldn't be too hard to find if it exists.

If and when you do find such a documented case (and we're talking average Joe here, not LEO, off-duty LEO or high risk professionals such as Wells Fargo driver or jewelry store owner), then I will re-evaluate my carry choice of a six-shot .38 Special revolver.

In the meantime, if I get into the rare scenario where I am attacked by more than six people, I'll just have to shoot the first five or six and hope that the rest will have lost their stomachs for a fight by then. In all seriousness...if you get attacked by more than two or three armed assailants with any sort of skill, you are just as dead with a six-shooter as you would be with a fifteen-shot pistol...you'll just die with more rounds left over.

My boogeyman is not the pack of cranked up Hell's Angels (which is an extremely rare and unlikely scenario), but rather a feed jam or limp-wrist at an inopportune time (which happens quite often, even at the range), or a safety which has been left on under stress (which has also happened more than once in documented defensive shootings.) Hence, I sacrifice capacity for reliability and simplicity by carrying a revolver.

the munchkin wrangler.

Page generated in 0.02697 seconds with 8 queries