View Single Post
Old January 4, 2006, 03:10 PM   #19
azredhawk44

Quote:
Well I don't know what kind of an action hero you are, but I'm pretty sure that most of us can't shoot more than a couple of determined attackers rushing us a 7 yards anyway; and if we're far enough away to pull it off then we'll have some explaining to do to a judge.
I'm super ninjaman!

All kidding aside, I can see getting surprised by 4+ BG's. If they premeditate and block you off at either end of a block and advance as a group from either end with weapons ready, are you going to wait for the 7 yard distance? Or will you shout one warning and then open fire at the closest reliable range?

Also, just because they close with you doesn't mean you are immediately dead. I have studied martial arts for 14 years, and I think I will last for quite a while in a close-up fight. Even if they have knives, they have to stick me good enough that I start losing blood pressure and don't function.

If they are close, I will alternate between using my training w/ ninja-fu and putting a shot in someone's chest here and there.

I'd just rather have 15 rounds and ninja-fu rather than 5 rounds and ninja-fu.

Quote:
Here's a challenge for you, and anyone else who's convinced that five or six rounds are not an adequate capacity.

Find me a verified citation from a reputable source that lists an example of a private citizen who was killed during a shootout because his or her CCW ran dry.
I'll look, but not sure where to look. Media doesn't really like CCW holders and phrase their stories in a way that make this type of search hard.

Page generated in 0.03456 seconds with 8 queries