View Single Post
Old January 4, 2006, 04:05 PM   #21
Bob79

From MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE revolvers have proven to be much more reliable hands down. To me semi-autos are only more superior in capacity, and maybe their ability to tame recoil with less weight than a wheel gun.

As far as all these "scenarios" of what could happen...yes you should be prepared for anything. But lets calm down with all the crazy attack situations, chances are just displaying the gun will end the problem. And no I'm not saying pull it out as a deterrent when the situtation doesn't call for deadly force. But if you're justified using the deadly force, like someone robbing you, or threatening you with a weapon, etc then once they see you have a gun they will most likely flee.

What are the stats again? Something like 90%+ shootings take place within 10 feet and only 2-3 shots are fired, I know I'm close with the figures. Really if 5 or 6 shots aren't enough, then probably 15 aren't enough either. Too many movies.

But if you feel confident with a semi-auto then carry it. Rule 1 is have a firearm, and 2 is make sure it works.

Page generated in 0.02122 seconds with 8 queries