View Single Post
Old October 1, 2005, 12:14 AM   #17
sm

Quote:
Steve,
Just a question, Do you have any "profesional" experience with guns? (LE and such?)
< Rich has just opened a Shiner's Bock, leans back in chair, pax has chin in hand and awaits, Denny is grinning, Jeff White is waiting, and who knows who else is awaiting my reply>

Err...this is TFL , and err...

Can ya'll lean back a bit? I feel a warmish and my personal space is kinda...I need more room please. Thank You.

[gulp]

I have never attended a Professional Training class per se'.

I was raised a certain way, I had my mentors and elders whom shared with me their training.

I continued to learn from Military, LEOs and some Persons well trained and disciplined in various areas. I sought Private Instructions from some, others -we just became friends and shared with me.

Some of these have reputations and have written books and such. We just knew each other, hung out, shot together and I learned from them.

Many have passed on, ill health or infirmities do not allow them to shoot, or they cannot shoot the discipline known for anymore.

Back before the Internet, back before many references and works we know today. Back before so many things that are considered "acceptable" ,"suggested" , or "must have" - these, some were in trial stages. LEOs shot quals from 50 yards, Folks used common sense, discretion, and keeping one's wits about them.

Later on some ideas about Firearms and equipment were considerations. First though, and has always been it is NOT the Firearm, or equipment. It is the person, mindset, using the brain to NOT get into something- and to have a way out if did.

The firearm has always been "one of the tools" in the toolbox - NOT the only tool.

Run'em

Steve

Last edited by sm; October 1, 2005 at 09:04 AM.

Page generated in 0.04044 seconds with 9 queries