View Single Post
Old October 2, 2005, 04:58 PM   #25
sm

Mr. Policeman came to visit me...

As has been stated by me and others...sometimes trouble just wanders around.

About 3:45 - am I hear shots ring out, I was on the hardwood floor by the 2nd or 3rd shot. I waited, then another mag of shots rang out.

As the crow flies - 2 blocks away at the Exxon station open 24 hrs.

Since I was not sure if these folks knew about the 4 Rules, especially Rule 4, I just stayed down and admired my bed linens in the ambient lighting provided by street lights and my motion lights.

Tires squeal, doors slam, fussing and carrying on, high revving engines...

I ease to peek thru the blinds. Seems like everyone with a siren and flashing lights showed up.

I hear the sounds of cars going every which-a-way.

Oh well, I'm up. Get coffee and notice with all the Professional folks around, might as well stroll onto to front lawn and see if I have any new holes, or if my truck does. Nope.

Took a long time to 'process' it seems, took 4 folks just to string up all the yellow tape.

Hours later "ding dong". Officer asks if I was awakened earlier in the morning.
I gave the time and described what I recalled about shots fired and direction of vehicles going by noise.

He grinned when I mentioned I was paying real particular attention to my hardwood floor and bed linens.

"Yes sir, imagine so. Seems only 3 of you folks heard anything, you are the only one that counted shots...and has any idea of direction of vehicles".

I guess hardwood floors have better acoustics or something - you reacon?

I didn't bother to ask what all went on. He volunteered the fact the Exxon would most likely be open today.

Point is: Things have been going on forever - just now coming to the attention of folks it seems.
Most likely things are gonna get worse with the economy and such.

Some will be prudent and take precautions in travels and such.
Same folks will become complacent pretty soon.
Some will stay in denial and make sure dial a prayer is on speed dial.

Me, I need a throw rug to cushion my knees next time I roll and drop...with winter coming on especially. My dust ruffle needs laundering.

Well at least two BGs had guns that worked with ammo in them...

One never knows...

Radio news reports two cars pulled into the Exxon station , started shooting at each other.

Approx 4 miles away a vehicle was stopped at another Gas station, driver realized his 14 y/o passenger had been shot. 14 y/o was dead at the scene.

Before folks start getting into why folks need to be out at that time of morning...

I used to be on call and like many of us, we were called in the wee hours of the morning.

Legitimate folks doing legitmate jobs, Doctors, Nurses, Radiology, Anesthesia, Scrub Techs, and there are other Prefessions as well.

So one is driving to or from being on call, may not be much traffic, still one has to pay attention.

This Exxon is where a Stop light is. Anyone at that light could have been hit, anyone passing by.

We need to be aware and think out of the box is all.

Page generated in 0.03837 seconds with 8 queries