View Single Post
Old October 29, 2007, 09:32 AM   #37
black bear 84

AIMSHOT, NOVA
TX 65, FLASHLIGHT

Here is another of the tactical lights running with two 123’s batteries, it is made by Aimshot and is warrantee to be waterproof to a 100 meters.
It goes by the name of NOVA in some catalogues and by TX 65 in others. It is billed to be 6500 candlepower which I doubt very much it is that high.
The reflector is smooth on my unit, but is small in relation to others reflector such as the G-2-6P or even the Streamlight TL-2 or Night Fighter II, which make the beam much more flood than in the other lights.

NOVA XENON ILLUMINATOR

I recently tested it against my Streamlight Night Hunter II (another of the tactical two 123’s batteries lights) and with new batteries in both lights the Nova was throwing a weaker beam against my usual deer target at 26 yards.

NOVA BEAMSHOT

STREAMLIGHT NIGHT HUNTER II BEAMSHOT

I have had this light for a couple of years, but I haven’t use it much, the claim in some catalogue that the run time is five hours is greatly exaggerated, I don’t think it will made one hour, although I have been disappointed by the performance of many new 123’s batteries lately, they seem to come with little charge on them, especially the bargain batteries that are made in China for one of the web battery places.
I recommend that you run your tactical lights or flashlights with good quality batteries such as the Surefire or Duracell brands.

The light is well made, with double O rings in tail cap and head and a rubber cover in main body and tail cap, but with a metal anodized head.
I don’t have a way to test the claims of been waterproof to 100 meters, but I dunked it in my big water glass for several hours, without getting any water inside.

The light sold for several years for $50 USD but I have seen it recently dropped to around $30 which is more in tone with other quality lights such as the Surefire G-2.

The tail cap is not a clicky, and that is a good thing, it is the usual turn it to “on” or press for momentary.
I like the light but I think that the Streamlight Night Hunter II or the TL II are better lights overall, I will even prefer a Scorpion or a G-2 in that price range.

Best regards
Black Bear
e-mail [email protected]

Page generated in 0.02711 seconds with 8 queries