View Single Post
Old July 27, 2009, 10:45 AM   #21
Magnum Wheel Man

There was a time when...

as a gun owner that has at least one example of nearly every brand, I used to put Colt, S&W, & Ruger ( along with a couple other "quality makers" ) on a shelf one higher than Tauri, Rossi's etc.

but after all the issues I had with my last "new" S&W ( 3 times back to S&W to correct a condition S&W said was "dangerous to shoot" a condition I recieved my new unfired revolver in, & of which condition they continually sent the revolver back to me in )

my opinion of S&W is much tarnished... my last couple Rugers ( new Vaquero Montado's ) are some of the finest finished of any modern new revolver... yet the company has more than it's share of recalls...

I think they all have good models & seems all have models that are ugly & that you just can't believe that a gun with "those" defects could have made it out of a modern factory... my (2) Tarui seem to work flawlessly... my "Raging" has every bit the quality feel of any revolver "brand" & while my 22 mag Tracker has a "cheaper feel" to it, the gun has never had any issues, shoots to point of aim, etc.

the bigger concern, seems to be "IF" you have a problem... Taurus's customer service rarely has anyone saying anything good about it... my expirience with S&W was horrible, but they did make the gun "right" even though it took me talking to the area representive, & 3 trips & over 3 months for S&W to make it right... most reports concering S&W customer service is positive, albeit there are way, way more people telling about how bad there gun was from the factory reciently... I've never had to send in a Ruger yet, but again, most shooters opinion of Rugers customer service is that it is good... I had tried to originally e-mail S&W about my problem, & never did even recieve acknowledgement that they had recieved my e-mail... I contacted Ruger about making an extra cylinder & even though they couldn't help me out, I had a reply the same day

Page generated in 0.02897 seconds with 8 queries