View Single Post
Old July 27, 2009, 11:30 AM   #22
madmag

Quote:
as a gun owner that has at least one example of nearly every brand, I used to put Colt, S&W, & Ruger ( along with a couple other "quality makers" ) on a shelf one higher than Tauri, Rossi's etc.
I am kinda in the same boat. I have more than one of most brands. My exception is that I have only one Taurus (PT945), but it has been an outstanding pistol.

These Taurus threads always seem to come to the same point. A lot of Taurus bashers never owned a Taurus, or some that have had problems with their Taurus fail to mention that they also have had problems with their trusty S&W's, Colts, Rugers,...etc. If someone says they have not had a problem with a certain brand then they probably just don't shoot very much. And lets face it, some just cannot stand a brand that performs well but cost less than their own brand.

Anyway, it does appear that Taurus service is not what it should be...and that's a real problem.

Added: Just one more point on the quality of material used on Taurus. I am a retired mechanical engineer, and I can see no difference in the quality of material...metal parts etc. on Taurus compared to other brands. Some posts (not here) that claim Taurus is made from pot-metal are just plain silly.

Last edited by madmag; July 27, 2009 at 11:43 AM.

Page generated in 0.03384 seconds with 8 queries