View Single Post
Old February 13, 2001, 11:42 AM   #4
shunt

Bad Experience with Quest II

I received my Quest II about a month or two ago and was very dissatisfied. I loved the way the rifle looked at first, but upon closer inspection noticed that the "nickel" finish was that cheap variety usually found on Chinese made toys. My bolt was even coated in this stuff, and it promptly flaked off in those areas where it rubbed against the action. I liked the feel of the rifle and expected to get over the finish, so I kept it and gave it a run at the range. I started off with some British Radway Green .308 that regularly runs several other rifles I own. The rifle shot well, recoiled much less than I expected, but froze the bolt in place. Finally after some banging the bolt opened and I tried once again thinking that the flakey finish might be causing some trouble. Bang, same thing, bolt won't open. I tried some different ammo, and the bolt eventually opened up. One annoying thing...the rear sight would pop up after every shot and would have to be placed back down in order to fire the next round.

When it was all over, I started picking up some brass and noticed that all the cases were bulged. This had nothing to do with the loads as they were all factory loadings. Rather, the rifle had a nasty headspace problem. I sent it back to the retailer and he mentioned that this wasn't the first time one of these rifles had been returned for the same thing.

Buyer Beware.

Page generated in 0.02265 seconds with 8 queries