View Single Post
Old September 16, 2006, 09:17 PM   #20
boa2

.22-rimfire:

1)Yes, I can see that you really do appreciate good Diamondbacks! I'm like you, in that I do like the 2.5" Diamondback's(And, would love to own a mint one!)but, I have not seen any of these for a very long time! They would be very pricey here in CA!

2)There is an approximately, 96% .38 Diamondback in a local gunshop that is priced at $700! It has been there for awhile. It looks nice-but, I guess that I'm just too "Picky" to want to spend $700 for a non-mint Colt Diamondback(Without a box or papers included with it!)? Although I haven't seen any other .38 Diamondbacks for a long time either! In this same shop, there were two nickel(4-inch).38 Diamondback's that were priced AT $750. Again, no box or papers and they both had been fired-but, still looked good(These have been sold though!)! But, I'm leary of nickel finishes in view of the possibility of various solvents attacking the copper underneath the nickel and ruining the finish! So, I'll settle for a nice blue one(If the price seems to be fair enough?)!

3)Believe it or not, my Ruger SP101 .22 has never been fired and is still NIB! However, I have a friend who has one of these and it's true that the trigger pull on the SP101's is a little too heavy! However, I think that the SP101's take much longer than the GP100's to break-in to a reasonably good trigger pull! Although my friend claims that the trigger pull on his SP101 .22 is improving-mine, was better than on his SP101 from the very start! My SP101 was made around 1995 and I think that the quality of construction was better than on some of the later model SP101's? I really like the short shrouded barrel on my SP101(Now considered to be rare!)since these were discontinued somewhere around 1998-99! Recently, Ruger had discontinued the fully shrouded barrel, SP101 .22's! The short shrouded barrel has a better balance than the fully shrouded barreled SP101's and these are still plenty heavy enough(IMHO)!

Page generated in 0.02650 seconds with 8 queries