View Single Post
Old February 28, 2010, 04:52 AM   #12
phattacorider

Forgive my lack of elaboration...

Eh sorry guys I should have been more clear in how I stated it all. The DA's office does not condone the use of FMJ for self defense. While it's understood that standpoint is not determined to be the basis of law (which makes it a totally irrelevant statement), it is a law according to the state of Nevada that only HP ammo can be used for SD. I'll get a hold of my instructor just to make extra certain again for the 5th time, lol, as it does strike disbelief in my mind such a law exists. But, check these out...

Boulder City prohibits ANY firearm be transfered loaded within 1,000ft of a building. It's a city law, and also applies to anyone with a state recognized CCW. While the federal and state governments are fighting Boulder City, the city does have the right to mandate and maintain it's own laws. So if you care caught traveling through Boulder City with your gun totally concealed and your CCW permit on you, you're breaking their law and will be punished as such unless you have a good attorney who can take it to state or federal.

We were told of a Nevada resident who was in California, had his BB gun in the back yard of his family's house, and was reported by a neighbor. He was arrested on a FELONY CHARGE of having an illegal item and was not only stripped of his Nevada CCW, but his guns as well in Nevada.

In New Jersey and New York it is against their laws to fire at human silhouette targets. It is also against the law to fire at black targets, claiming it is "racist".

I live in North Las Vegas, Nevada. It is within the entire metropolitan area of Las Vegas, with Boulder City a few miles outside of Henderson, which is also a part of the Las Vegas metropolitan area. In Las Vegas, you can carry a loaded handgun in the glove box in your car or truck without a CCW except through the North Las Vegas area and Boulder City.

Those are just a couple of wacky examples of weird things that are law in Southern Nevada just to make the possibility of mandated HP for SD seem a little more plausible at this point (and wacky laws elsewhere to prove the existence of wacky laws). I'll ask my instructor about it, and I'll ask him where he got his information from so I can relay it. The store is closed Sunday so I'll find out for sure on Monday.

Page generated in 0.02204 seconds with 8 queries