View Single Post
Old February 28, 2010, 09:52 AM   #13
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
I purchased two boxes of HP from the dealer. They told me the ammo they sold me is what the LVMPD, NHP, and Boulder City PD are all using. Winchester Ranger 127gr 9mm HP +P+, whatever +P+ is...According to the box, this ammo isn't for retail sale and is intended for law enforcement use only. But the gun store said they are recieving a different knd of ammo for LE use. They also said because of penetration issues, HP is the only ammo allowed for self defense.
So were instructor and dealer affiliated in any way? It sounds to me like a scam to get you to buy more expensive ammo.

FYI, the "law enforcement use only" label is NOTHING more than marketing with the possible exception of it for sale in NJ and then the notion would apply to all hollowpoint amo.

Quote:
In New Jersey and New York it is against their laws to fire at human silhouette targets. It is also against the law to fire at black targets, claiming it is "racist".
You are going to have to get the specific laws on this as well. Your people seem to be the only ones who know about apparently obscure laws.

Quote:
We were told of a Nevada resident who was in California, had his BB gun in the back yard of his family's house, and was reported by a neighbor. He was arrested on a FELONY CHARGE of having an illegal item and was not only stripped of his Nevada CCW, but his guns as well in Nevada.
Well, several states will revoke your carry permit if you have a felony arrest, so that is nothing new. What the little story doesn't say is if the felony arrest was actually for the BB gun or something else. People often confuse the cause and effect issues. You can find posts here and on other gun forums where it is claimed that people are arrested for things like "self defense" and upon actually reading the story you find out that the arrest happened because the self defense incident brought to the attention of the cops that the arrestee had some form of contraband such as an illegally short shotgun that was used in self defense. So the BB gun might have been reported by the neighbor, but chances are the arrest was for something else all together and not simple possession of a legal BB gun.

Page generated in 0.03258 seconds with 8 queries