View Single Post
Old February 28, 2010, 11:59 PM   #17
44 AMP
Staff

It boggles the mind

Quote:
I've been told you are at greater risk of prosecution if you use FMJ in a justified SD shooting.
And a law that requires the use of hollowpoints? OR what? Prosecution?

Somehow, I can't see any state doing that. States with long histories of firearms restrictions (like NJ) ban civilian carry of hollowpoints, but I know of no state that requires their use.

The poster has said repeatedly that it is a NV law, would you be so kind as to cite the law #?

Seems to me, that a law prohibiting use of the same ammo that the US military uses wouldn't get passed. As others have recommended, use what your police use. Well, how could using what the ARMY uses be against the law? And yes, I understand how hunting regs can prohibit FMJ, but for self defense? I have to say BS, until/unless someone can cite a specific law.

Would the NV law also prohibit soft points? There are other kinds of expanding bullets besides hollowpoints, you know. There are even situations where soft points will expand when hollow points will not.

I admit no personal awareness of NV law, but it seems to me that whoever is telling you the law says you must use hollowpoints is feeding you a line. Either they have an agenda, or.....

Page generated in 0.02712 seconds with 8 queries