View Single Post
Old March 3, 2010, 04:01 AM   #22
phattacorider

Okay guys I went to the gun store, the instructor wasn't there and it was his two days off. I decided to ask one of the other guys behind the counter about this "law" and he said it's not a law. I apologize greatly for everyone. I was told one thing and that wasn't really it. However, the guy behind the counter (I forgot his name) told me it's told as a scare to people who aren't fluent with the politics behind firearms not as a means to sell expensive JHP to them, but to ensure that newbies (like me and many others) who decide to engage in the use of a firearm in SD don't make the mistake of using FMJ's and incidentally wound or kill someone else, which can result in a HUGE prosecution by the DA and families of the innocent that will leave me with my clothes on the street after lots of time in prison. As for the other things I mentioned, they were topics discussed by the instructor and an Air Force Tactics Training Officer who came here from New York. Again everyone, I apologize for the crazy topic. As bizarre as the idea of limiting the type of ammo you can use in self defense is, I guess with other policies and laws out there just as bizarre, it really wouldn't surprise me too much.

Page generated in 0.02562 seconds with 8 queries