View Single Post
Old December 21, 2007, 05:08 AM   #15
Silvanus

Quote:
It’s a free country … as long as the range officials have no problem with it.
Rapid fire : This is and should be up to the range. It’s their property after all and some people are downright dangerous.
Indeed...There are SEVEN holes in the roof of the firing range I go to (in the handgun part). The ROs usually let me do what I want, because they know me and I can shoot. But I would not be surprised if they introduced a "1 shot-a-second" rule.

Regarding the funny looks, I would keep doing whatever you want to. If you think it could be helpful some day, why stop it now? The people who laugh are probably (like you said) snobbish hunters/target shooters (I mean no offence, but I've had bad experiences with that kind myself) or armchair commando ex-navy SEAL marine snipers who can't hit the target at 10 meters when they've had to climb a few stairs before shooting.

Quote:
I can appreciate what you're trying to accomplish, but a range intended for the general public probably isn't the best place to do it.
Why is that? In the OP he doesn't mention anything that's dangerous really. Doing some pushup before shooting. His hand is probably not as steady, but that's it. Changing between standing and kneeling, malfunction drills, ect. nothing dangerous IMO.

Page generated in 0.03612 seconds with 8 queries