View Single Post
Old October 6, 2006, 02:53 PM   #14
Buckythebrewer

The ar15 spider bolt design lends alot to precision shooting as well as the way the barrel is attached to the upper reciever(especially full flouted).there is no bedding to worry about,,the 223 round is also another factor that helps alot..

I have, as well as my friend has, shot at 300 yards well within 12" shot to shot with ease with his 5.45x39 ak74 with open sights shooting wolf ammo in a kneeling position.Not benchrest accuracy but consider all the variables and that rifle is one Hell of a shooter..Again if you get the right shooter with the right weapon you can be very surprised to find the shooter is usually limiting the accuracy potential of the rifle..That being said the ar15 is usually far superior to the ak because of the design mostly and the higher BC ammo that can reach out much better with excellent accuracy(im talking well beyond 300-600yrds and sometimes 1000yrds in 223..

BTW ,My friend(who built his ak74 rifle) was hitting within 4-5ft with his factory open sights @625yrds with me calling the shots with a spotting scope(again,,in the kneeling position left arm supported by his knee)..this was over 10-15 shots!!!That is mighty impressive to me

I think it is more the 7.62x39 round that limits the ak mostly.Because I have never seen an ak47 shoot as good as his smaller cal/longer ak74..

Page generated in 0.03481 seconds with 8 queries