View Single Post
Old February 7, 2007, 08:46 PM   #11
Lurper

MarkJ: Yeah, I love my Taurus, but we did a lot of work to it. It is both my carry gun and the gun that I use to compete in Single Stack division. The quality is okay and as a basic platform it is good. Mine had rust in a lot of places because the bluing salts had not been properly cleaned off (you could still smell them). Also, fitting the trigger group components and even the mainspring housing was a bit of a chore. It seemed like the dimensions were slighty different than other 1911's. But, for $450.00 I think it is a good buy. If I get a chance, maybe I'll post a picture so you can see what we did.

Quintos: Touche, I meant after they had already been assesed as a threat to my life, not that I would wantonly roam the streets engaging targets of opportunity.
I realize that there were some mistakes that I made, but I felt it was safer to go to the door unarmed than to answer it with the gun in my hand. In fact, the initial officer who made contact with me said that dispatch had not advised them that I was armed. He also asked me if I was in Law Enforcement because there were pistols, magazines, holsters, etc. in my bedroom. I told him I was a competitive shooter and that was good enough for him.

Thanks for all of the kudos as well. The main thing is that noone had to die that night.

Page generated in 0.02612 seconds with 8 queries