View Single Post
Old September 9, 2008, 07:13 AM   #5
Sevens

I have only my thoughts and observations and not a lot of experience with it, but I'll share it anyway. I've looked at and goofed with the RCBS trimmer and it seems solid enough, but compared to the LE Wilson, I just can't see where the hell the money goes. You are looking at like a hundo get the RCBS rolling. The Wilson trimmer shows up on Midway occasionally on sale for $25 and you need another $8 caliber specific part for it to get rolling, seems like a much better way to spend the limited funds. The LE Wilson sits in a bench vise, so if you don't have a vise on your bench, plan to get one. (not at all expensive)

The Giraud trimmer looks like a wet dream for case trimming but it's big bucks. I think if I were a high volume match shooter, there'd be no second thoughts and I'd order one. But I'm not, so I won't!

The Lee tools by comparison can be purchased with the change you dig out of couch cushions. That's what Lee is famous for-- nobody in their right mind would call the Lee system the best out there, but it's pretty ingenious for folks who don't have a lot of money to spend on different tools. My hands-on experience with Lee tools has been very good. Chuck the shell holder in to a variable speed drill and you can process brass quickly and effectively and though it still sucks to have to do it, it's a way to get it done. I use a big empty Rubbermaid tub to catch all the flinging brass particles and I trim right in front of the TV while sitting on the couch with the wife.

Right now, the Lee system gets it done for me. I've considered the LE Wilson system for an upgrade but haven't gotten that far. I trim .223, 8x57, .30-06 and .300 Win Mag.

Page generated in 0.03860 seconds with 8 queries