View Single Post
Old July 22, 2002, 01:56 PM   #20
WyldOne

I think Oleg's poster with the computer keyboard, asking if the First Amendment only applies to quills....you know which one I mean? Anyway, that would be really cool to run in, say, Time magazine.

Another idea is kinda along Ian11's idea: Get a lot of normal looking people, all races, women and men, wearing normal/professional attire (ie, no "wife beater" tank tops and no cammies). But my idea is to not show the guns. Is there some statistic about, for example (I'm pulling this out of thin air), "5 out of 10 people in the United States are armed". Or something? I dunno, the more I think about it, the less I like it.

To run in a "woman's magazine": Get a collage of newspaper headlines of women being attacked (there have been a lot of assaults around the Boston-ish area lately, so it's on my mind). And then, in a font that really stands out, say something like "And the police are giving out free WHISTLES".

Or, maybe get a couple newspaper headlines, and then a picture of a gun right next to a picture of a whistle. And the caption would be something like, "Which would you trust to protect your life?"

I dunno, I'm not very good at PR stuff. But those are my ideas. As far as if they get published, who cares, this is a hypothetical question I believe.

WyldOne's Fun & Political BB

WyldOne's homepage

Page generated in 0.02126 seconds with 8 queries