Thread: M1903-A4
View Single Post
Old July 18, 2023, 06:21 AM   #4
Screwball

Very nice! Most people would look at it and not notice it was an original A4 receiver…

I got a Greek M1903 a few years back, and had it redone by DGR. Dean, who I will show some respect as he passed, charged me A LOT… then had the audacity to send it back saying the rear sight windage adjustment was broken upon receipt. The elevation slider was originally broken, so I replaced all the parts and confirmed function on everything prior to sending it. I know people speak highly of his Garand work… but while the gun came out looking good, there was no excuse to handle it like that. Even if it were broken, reach out and I would have sent him whatever parts were needed for it to be done 100%.

So, I was still a little pissed over the situation… then found out about the USMC sniper setup using the Unertl 8x scope. Got the Hi-Lux reproduction scope and had it installed… very happy with the final product.

Also have a PU sniper and a Carcano that I picked up in trade from a guy who made it identical to Oswald’s (scope is a different generation, which the eyepiece is slightly different). I want to get an A4… not a real one but reproduction. I want to shoot it more than I’d like to do with an original A4, so reproduction is best for me. Used to be everywhere, but harder to find.

Page generated in 0.02468 seconds with 8 queries