View Single Post
Old September 8, 2008, 11:29 PM   #9
44 AMP
Staff

Not the first time I've heard abouot this

Although I can't remember exactly where I heard it before, but I do recall hearing about a guy who had the barrel come off of his Redhawk, some time ago.

I don't think your reload was the cause, but I do think you ought to find a better way to describe it. Saying 6-12gr Unique sounds like you don't know what is loaded in the case. Is it 6gr? or 12gr? or somewhere in between?

Call Ruger, and contact the gunshop where you bought it. The gunshop will have a record of who they got it from, and if it turns out the barrel came off on him and he JB welded it back on (unlikely, but not beyond possibility), there ought to be consequences for him.

Ruger will want the gun, and want to know what happened. BE HONEST! No matter how much it hurts. Yes, all the makers say that reloads void their warranty, but except for Glock, I have never heard of one not honoring the warranty when the reload wasn't the cause of the problem. Also there is the gunshop 30 day guarantee, and I would think that any costs Ruger imposes (and there may not be any) ought to be borne by the shop, not you.

The metal in your pictures looks crystalized, which is a flaw, not damage from your reload. An overcharged (overpressure) round in a revolver normally blows out the cylinder wall(s) and bends the frame. It does not shear off the barrel.

Page generated in 0.02293 seconds with 8 queries