View Single Post
Old January 8, 2005, 08:50 AM   #21
cavediver27

Interarms manufactured both the PPK and the PPK/S in the USA. I have a PPK in stainless that was manufactured in 1991. The PPK was made in fewer numbers by Interarms than the PPK/S and is a little tougher to come by.

As with most any semi-auto pistol my PPK took about 200-250 rounds along with a ramp polishing and a 'fluff and buff' to the slide rails to really run smooth. Since then it has been perfect and 100% reliable. I use Remington 88 grain JHP's along with 102 grain Golden Sabers.

Hogue makes beautiful custom grips for the PPK. I bought a set of checkered Coco Bolo, they make the gun much more comfortable to shoot as well as looking fantastic. They cost around $75.00 but to me are well worth the price.

To me the PPK is the 'classic version' as well as the best darn looking pistol ever made IMHO. As stated above, the PPK/S was a design that came about to comply with the Gun Control Act, not because it was a better design.

Last edited by cavediver27; January 8, 2005 at 08:55 AM. Reason: additional information

Page generated in 0.02661 seconds with 8 queries