The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old January 30, 2006, 07:51 PM   #1
OneInTheChamber

CA Legal Bushmasters

hey guys, I've been looking at the CA legal ar15's ( Stupid Boxer and Feinstein taking away my 2nd ammendment rights! )from bushmaster. Anyone have one (looking for a review)?

How about the Carbon15 series in general. I've heard that "even Mattel would frown upon it" (reference to it being made of carbon fiber, which appears plastic like). Is that true?

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/C...c-c15rm4ft.asp

Thanks
Old January 30, 2006, 10:19 PM   #2
dlefdal

I live in Kalifornistan too. This rifle seems to be a waste of money. What would you be buying it for? If you are buying it just to screw around and you have the funds, sure. If it is for a battle rifle or some sort of defense, spend the money on a real rifle, like an m1a or something.

Just my .02
Old January 30, 2006, 10:19 PM   #3
dlefdal

I live in Kalifornistan too. This rifle seems to be a waste of money. What would you be buying it for? If you are buying it just to screw around and you have the funds, sure. If it is for a battle rifle or some sort of defense, spend the money on a real rifle, like an m1a or something.

Just my .02
Old January 30, 2006, 10:41 PM   #4
jayhway

Are you aware of the sudden influx of CA legal lowers?

Please go to the .223 forum at Calguns: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...splay.php?f=81

Also read Bill Weise's great AR/AK FAQ: http://www.calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

The time is ticking to buy a lower.
Old January 31, 2006, 01:54 AM   #5
Sun Tzu

I thought about it too

Brother,

For fun yeah. If ya got $1,500 to spend. I like the look of the M4 Bushmaster at my local gun store. Its tricked out w/everything but the detachable mag well which is obviously fixed at 10rnd. Maybe as a cool sniper weapon. And it can be converted if ya leave Kali for a free state.

I had 3 AR variants over the years, an M16, an AR15, and an M4. I sold them all. Not because I cared about their legal status. I dont believe in gun registration or gun control so it didn't affect my decision making process. I just felt they got fouled and dirty very quickly, were not that rugged, and weren't worth the hassle of ownership anymore. I will buy a new style M4 w/the clean gas block system like the AK made by DPMS. I have to wait till I move to the silver state later this year. They are cheap in Nevada. Under $900 w/all the features I want.

But I digress... Get a Socom 16 if YOU dont have one already. Then maybe get the M4 if YOU can afford it.

Hope this helped, laterz, S Tzu
Old January 31, 2006, 09:03 AM   #6
gunslinger1911ACP

my advice is...move to Texas and buy whatever you want.
Old February 1, 2006, 04:19 AM   #7
accordingtome

jayhway... i don't know if anyone knows about this on here yet... im gonna go buy three tomorrow at cws. i so excited !!
Old February 1, 2006, 12:22 PM   #8
30Cal

There's a lot of speculation that the DOJ will update the list Friday and close the window for those who have not DROS'd yet. Albeit, that's the same speculation we heard last week.

Ty
Old February 1, 2006, 03:30 PM   #9
jayhway

Yeah it seems like every Friday is dooms day. I try not to get too worked up if or when the DOJ will update the list. It'll happen when it happens.
Old February 8, 2006, 02:46 AM   #10
accordingtome

yup... get it while you can. i just feel bad if things work out for the best for us and there is some guy misses the chance.. that would suck