The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old October 2, 2002, 03:21 PM   #1
JMax

Email from Eric C. Rohrbaugh

Dear JMax,
We are currently setting up the new facility to manufacture the R-9 and MS-9 pistols. This should be completed for November 4th. of 2002. Shortly after that is completed, the testing by the various labs will take place and then I can sell to the public at that time. There will be a LIMITED number of pieces going to the media for evaluation and articles to be in the January or February magazines. Look for the articles when they come out. You will be among the first to receive the firearm as you have inquired first on line. I am keeping a file on those people who inquired and they will be the first ones to have their orders filled. You will be notified as to the availability to purchase a firearm and we will make shipping arrangements at that time to have your local gun shop order one for you. We are going to DEBUT the revised production run firearms at the S.H.O.T. Show in Orlando, Florida this coming February 13th. thru the 16th. of 2003. They will basically look the same with a few minor revisions on them, i.e., a larger trigger guard and a modified safe assembly. Prices are still to be determined but they should be around the $695.00 to $895.00 figure depending on the model you choose.
Thank you for the inquiry about our new firearm.
Sincerely,

Best Regards to you and your family,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh

Vice Pres. / Secretary

Rohrbaugh Firearms / A.P.I.
Old October 2, 2002, 03:57 PM   #2
Blackhawk

Cool!

Keep us posted!
Old October 2, 2002, 09:51 PM   #3
Tropical Z

They sound neat,but i wouldn't spend that much on any gun! Not when a Makarov will set me back less than $150.00
Old October 2, 2002, 11:59 PM   #4
Blackhawk

The Rohrbaughs are definitely not economy guns, but they're not ordinary either. They will appeal more to the Ferrari/Rolls/Bentley/Pantera/XK8 crowd than those of us who are more practically inclined.

Even so, my present BUG is a KT P-32, and all too often, it's gotta be my only CCW. Those are the times I think too much about having to get almost kissing close to be in the comfort zone.

"I'm being silly," comes to mind. "After all, a .32 popped Archduke Ferdinand to ignite WWI, and it was the military and police cartridge of many countries for decades."

Small comfort since I prefer 9mm, and it bothers me that I'm not paying THAT attention to my situation as I should be.

So, how would I feel with a smaller than P-32 sized 9mm for those times when nothing bigger is appropriate? I think I would like it.

So, how much would that be worth to me in the big scheme of things?

Some things are priceless....