The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 13, 2023, 09:36 PM   #1
rgitzlaff

300 Blackout sub cast loads

I recently acquired an AR-15 upper in 300 blackout and want to start loading for it. It's a 16" barrel with a pistol length gas system. I want to cast heavy bullets for subsonic loads for it. I use hi-tek coating on my cast bullets. So I'm looking for recommendations on molds for this bullet and powders to use with this bullet in subsonic loads. I've done some searching of threads here and couldn't seem to find quite what I was looking for. Thanks in advance for the input.
Old December 13, 2023, 10:46 PM   #2
Ike Clanton

I’m looking to do the same with cast bullets from GT bullets. From my research Lil Gun offers the quietest report but doesn’t function with every rifle. Seeing that you’ve got a pistol length has system you may get full functioning. I will also try CFE BLK but I’ve heard it’s loud even subsonic.